Monday, May 20, 2013

Oregon Trail Journal Entry

                                                                                                                              March 3 1841                                          
                       We are at  the Narrows today.  We are good on food and drink.  Ian has been bit by a rattlesnake but we did the Tourniqte/Suction method so he'll pull through.  I will go hunt for wild fowl soon.   I now have gone hunting and I shot 3 geese. We are leaving the Narrows now so Ian will have to ride in a wagon for a while.  I hear a storm a coming so everyone will go in the wagons for some protection from the rain.    Wow! it is worse than I thought! Lighting is flashing everywhere!! Hopefully it will stop soon!  Pa is waiting for us in Oregon so I hope we stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment